Thursday, July 31, 2008

Taking time off

Updates schmupdates... Okay this will be fast. I have pretty much abandoned my job as a massage therapist for the month of August. I have done like 3 massages in 2 weeks and will probably only work a little in the next month. I have been spending most every day from early morning to late night at my parents house. My goal, along with being a nurse to my mom is to organize her pictures and the house, de-junking stuff while she is still here to help me. I am realizing more and more each day how much I am going to miss her. I was making raspberry jam the other day and zucchini bread and I had to ask her like 10 questions to make sure I was doing it right. I keep telling myself it will be hard to take time off of work but I have my whole life the work and have a family and I will probably only have a few weeks left with my mom. I have been updating her blog so I have sort of been ignoring my own. Moms blog is http://mymomsfight.blogspot.com/. I have new pictures and updates more frequently. I need to take a picture of my receiving blankets she is making me. The other day I went to Jo Ann fabrics and bought some material for receiving blankets. I bought for different sets and asked her if she felt up to it just to surge them together so one day when I have babies I will at least of something from my mom. She got one done and then got really sick. Maybe this weekend I can finish them, they are really cute. Anyway.... this is sort of a lame update, but lately I have been sort of lame.. :)

3 comments:

Shelli said...

Melanie,
It's hard to know what to say to someone who is losing their mom. I get choked up every time I read your family's blogs. It makes me think of my own mom and how much I love her. Just know I'm praying for you all every day, and we are always here for you.
Lots of love to all of you!!!

Wendy said...

Melanie-
I am in tears. I loved your blog entry and I think you are doing yourself a great favor by spending this special time with your mom. I am glad you are both working on the receiving blankets - that will be so special to you when the time comes to use them. I've been thinking a lot about you and know there is nothing I can do to help or change the situation but let you know that I am thinking and praying for you during this difficult time.

Petersons said...

I love you! You are such a hard worker and I admire you for all that you are doing! I hope you are doing ok? You are going to have to teach me how to make jam next time I'm in K-town!