Saturday, July 5, 2008

Marriage Lessons




I was going through pictures I have taken lately and came across these lovely photos of my husbands summer projects. The tar looking blobs are are actually Chris's attempt to bake white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. I was sleeping and they were in the oven for about 4 hours! The fire alarm didn't even go off and when I woke up the house smelled horrible and he wasn't even home because he left, evidently forgetting his sweet-tooth. The rest are random pictures of his new project of making biodiesel fuel. He is getting used vegetable oil from restaurants and converting it into fuel you can actually use in a diesel car (via some crazy and very scary process that is being done in my KITCHEN on what use to be my table and on my favorite big counter top)
From all of this I think the lord is trying to help me understand the following principals and lessons in marriage:
Lesson 1:Love your husband despite.....
The fact that he has almost burnt the house down. (more than once)
Lesson 2: Appreciate what you have...
at least you have a roof over your head you spoiled brat!
Lesson 3: It is not always about you, you, you and what you want want want!...
Some day when you save enough money to buy a house, you can have your kitchen and he can have his shop.
Lesson 4: Appreciate your husbands work ethic......
Although, he does come home late on occassion he works hard so you can play hard.
Lesson 5: Just love him.....
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves."

3 comments:

Kareen Bailey said...

How funny! Funny that it is you - not me! :) This does not surprise me about Chris after watching him grow up. He was always creating something.

Brock and Emily Gibbons said...

hahaha. i've seen this!!! funny! especially the cookies. i bet those were yummy chris! i think he should have had to eat them...or at least try. lol

Ranting of a Frustrated Pregnant Woman said...

This post is hilarious!!