Friday, March 21, 2008

Family Time




Sorry for slacking on updates everybody! Life sure does get busy doesn't it?
Last weekend my mom had the opportunity to go to TIME OUT FOR WOMEN up in Spokane with Sherri, Kim and I. We had a blast. We were glad mom was able to make it through the weekend. The event usually starts on Friday night and goes all day Saturday. However, this year they had special tickets for the first 400 women to meet in a more intimate group Friday morning to hear from Sheri Dew, Virginia Hinckley Pearce & Wendy Watson Nelson. It was amazing, we cried and laughed and snuggled together. All the things we miss doing with mom..... even though we are all married and grown up now, there is nothing like snuggling and getting a head rub from mom! Hillary Weeks presented on Saturday and performed a few songs as well as a group called Mercy River sang. One of my favorite talks was by Mary Ellen Edmunds. Mom laughed really hard when she spoke. She is a real funny lady and was talking about being a peacemaker. She said sometimes you have to bite your lip and it is really hard to be a peacemaker, sometimes it's so hard you need a PACEmaker. Mom got a kick out of that.
Sherri was here for a week and got to spend some time with mom. She is working on a quilt for her little girl Chelsea and mom could hardly stand to let it sit there. It was done before Sherri left. Kent turned 25 last week so the family got together at Granny's for dinner. We had a good time, everyone of the kids came but Steven who was at school.
As far as updates on moms progress. She is done with her last round of chemo for now. She has gotten through 4, although as a family we would like to see her do 2 more at least. She is having a really hard time believing in herself. She had a CT Scan done Monday and the results were good and bad. She doesn't have as much fluid on her lungs which is good news, however, it is still there and on her heart as well. The tumor hasn't really shrunk that much either. She is definitely going to need more chemo. She is going to try and get in next week with her Dr. to make new plans. Dr. Kris is going to give her some herbs to help her with the chemo so it is not as hard on her system this go around.


As for me..... I am doing much better on my new hypoglycemic diet. I saw Dr. Kris as well, on Monday. He diagnosed me with reactive hypoglycemia and suspects I also may have some food allergies. They took some blood to send to the lab to test for the allergies and he gave me some vitamins to boost my liver function. I've apparently been fighting some kind of viral infection as well so that might be why I was feeling so icky. Anyhow... I haven't had any nausea for a WHOLE WEEK! Hooray! I forgot what it felt like to not want to throw up all the time. No headaches either. I haven't had any sugar, white flour or simple carbs at all and have stuck to my diet all week. It is paying off and I hope it continues to. Now I just need to get my butt back in the gym. Blogging isn't the only thing I have been slacking on. Chris is gone tonight so I am catching up and using my time to do some heritage story booking. http://www.sharingyourheritage.com/ I have some fun projects I am wanting to do. The Cain Love Story, Outdoor Adventures of the Cain Family to name a few. Hope you enjoyed the random update! Oh, the pictures below are from the YM/YW Sledding Trip. You can hardly tell me from the kids! I am such a dork. We had such a blast and the Olsen's have a snow cat so we didn't even have to march up the hill every time.






My family got together for my brother Kents 25th Birthday at Granny's on the 13th of March. We had fun taking stupid pictures. 6 out of 7 of us were able to make it so it was fun!

















1 comment:

Petersons said...

Hi! i've missed your blog, but I'm glad you finally updated it. I put alyssa's blog on my friend list so you should check it out. the women's conference sounded way good!I am so glad that you finally know what is up with your body and no nausea for a week! Good job!