Sunday, March 23, 2008


Happy Easter everyone! I am so thankful for this time of year. I love spring, all the birds singing, my favorite little daffodils blooming and planting the garden. On my way home last night, I saw two little baby sheep with their mom close by , which to me is so precious. New life and a mother to watch them grow. I am so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. There hasn't been a time in my life where I have felt his love, grace and guidance more than at this time. My mom has been struggling to fight cancer and dealing with the anxiety of leaving this life. The only thing that keeps me going is to tell myself, "Mel, you will see her again, you can hug her again, you can be with her again, it will be okay!" What a comfort. It has been really hard to emotionally deal with things right now because she seems to be doing okay but I know she is suffering. I can't think or how much worse things will get because it is too hard. She is really been down because she is use to being able to go and do all the time and now she doesn't have the energy, and most of the time not even the will to. I know that through her fight, my family has been blessed. We are closer now than ever, we have stronger testimonies and we definitely all appreciate and love our mom more than anything. My dad had prostate cancer a couple of years ago and I don't ever remember being this scared or really that worried. I knew things would work out. As a spent some time with him yesterday afternoon, planting the garden, I couldn't help but think duh? He needed to go through that to have just enough understanding and compassion to help her get through this. He has really stepped up and been great. I know that she loves and appreciates his help. He has tried cooking and helps around the house, and when she throws a tantrum or gets mad about something he just hugs her and tells her to get better. I think I would do better if I didn't know how scared he was. However, my relationship with him is 110% better than ever as well. I have learned to love him more and more and am thankful for the things that he has taught me.

I love my Savior. I am thankful for the sacrifice he has made for me and that I have the opportunity, as well as my family, to live with him again.

I know that my Redeemer lives!What comfort this sweet sentence gives!He lives, he lives, who once was dead;He lives, my ever living head!
He lives triumphant from the grave;He lives eternally to save;He lives exalted, throned above;He lives to rule his Church in love.
He lives to grant me rich supply;He lives to guide me with his eye;He lives to comfort me when faint;He lives to hear my soul’s complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears;He lives to wipe away my tears;He lives to calm my troubled heart;He lives all blessings to impart.
He lives to bless me with his love;He lives to plead for me above;He lives my hungry soul to feed;He lives to help in time of need.
He lives, my kind, wise, heavenly friend;He lives and loves me to the end;He lives, and while he lives, I’ll sing;He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King!
He lives and grants me daily breath;He lives, and I shall conquer death;He lives my mansion to prepare;He lives to bring me safely there.
He lives, all glory to his name!He lives, my savior, still the same;What joy this blest assurance gives:I know that my Redeemer lives!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mel, I saw this in my email and it brought a smile to my face! I am very nervous about this sinus surgery, but I am so tired of not feeling good! Thank you for all your encouraging words!

Shelli said...

That was beautiful Melanie. I need to hug my mom now.