Friday, March 7, 2008

100 Things about me

This was a lot harder to do than I thought it would be. I was needing a break from work!

1. I love to eat, anything sweet, carbs are my weakness, I can out eat my husband any day and he knows it, I love rib-eye steak and prime rib and mashed potatoes, my moms crazy chocolate cake, apple dumplings, black bottom cupcakes, mac salad, homeade ice cream with peace melba and much more.
2. I really don't enjoy wake boarding, although I love a sunny day on the boat hanging with my hubby and the boat boys.
3. My best friends are my sisters and my momma.
4. I only talk to a few people I was friends with in high school. (Friends in high school aren't usually true friends I guess)
5. I decided to be a Massage Therapist when I was in 6th grade and I went to Massage School when I was 18.
6. When I was younger, my sister Kim would pay me with Whatchamacallit candy bars to tickle her back.
7. I am the baby of 7 kids, 4 brothers and 2 sisters and I am Mormon, not Catholic.
8. I hated changing hand line sprinklers as a kid but love the work ethic I learned from it and appreciate it now.
9. My brother Kent dared me to eat dog food once... AND I DID.
10. I don't have a favorite color because it changes like every 6 months. (just like my hair)
11. The first time I met my husband I thought he had a bad hair line, he was boring, and really short.
12. The second time I met my husband (almost 2 years later), I was super nervous, thought he was super hot, was impressed with his sweet wake board moves and was in love with his cute girl feet.
13. I secretly want to be this amazing athlete of some kind, always super ripped and in the best shape that craves food like sugar snap peas and carrots instead of milky ways.
14. I hate to run and almost died the last time I attempted to run a mile.
15. I can't wait to have a baby and am so excited to have a little one to kiss and hold and snuggle.
16. My biggest pet peeves are: stepping on wet floors, having my laundry room door open with clothes washing, unrinsed cereal bowls in my sink, people making noise when I am trying to concentrate or read, being on my period during an important event and unmatching socks left at the end of folding clothes.
17. I want to grow up to be just like my mom!
18. I use to thinking blogging was dumb, and now I am addicted.
19. I live in a ghetto trailer in East Pasco and I have 70's wallpaper in my kitchen and can't take a shower if I have done laundry or dishes in the same hour.
20. When I was in 4th grade I sang a solo in a school play.
21. I got a guitar for Christmas and want to learn how to play some day.
22. My husband says my food specialty is my grubbin sandwiches and my pasta salad.
23. When I was a kid, my friend Jessica Perry and I had a fake radio station and my radio name was Heidi Wagnar.
24. I have an amazing talent of making my stomach make crazy gurgily and hunger noises on demand.
25. I climbed Mt.St Helens when I was 21 with a group of boy scouts and my husband, and was crazy enough to slide down the mountain on a piece of construction plastic.
26. In 8th grade, I could beat all my guy friends in arm wrestling.
27. I played volleyball from 7th to 9th grade and quit to get a job full time. I miss it a lot and want to get back into it playing co-ed or something later in life when my kids are older.
28. I love to give people presents, especially surprise things.
29. I pop my knuckles and fingers like 5x a day.
30. Growing up, I shared a room with both of my sisters, and it wasn't very big.
31. Kent and I got in big trouble once smashing the car windows out or our neighbors old nova that was parked in their back yard.
32. I once had a rock collection and a rock store. I sold my neighbor lady a basalt rock for $.50.
33. I've been barge jumping and train bridge jumping before.
34. I love to watch Disney movies still.
35. I can still wear clothes that I have from middle school! Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!1
36. I can drive, talk on the phone and eat all at the same time.
37. I miss having slumber parties with girlfriends even though I am big and married now.
38. I am the only one in my family that didn't go to Finley High School.
39. I was ASB president of my Elementary School when I was in 5th grade.
40. When I was in 1st grade I burned my right hand really bad on the wood stove and couldn't write for like a month.
41. Chris proposed to me on the river... surprise, surprise!
42. I am a sucker for bargain stores and good deals and shop mostly at consignment stores.
43. My new favorite cookie is white chocolate, oatmeal, cranberry cookies.
44. I have never had chicken pox, a black eye, a bloody nose or a fat lip.
45. I had my tonsils out when I was 20.
44. My favorite time of year is Spring.
45. My worst quality is my tendency to complain.
46. One of my favorite things to do is get online and look up information on random facts. To learn about something new. This month- to grow an herb garden.
47. I have recently taken on the challenge to work on my personal progress since I never finished when I was in young women's.
48. I won the D.A.R.E. essay contest in 5th grade and had to read my essay in front of the whole school.
49. One year at girls camp, I got in trouble for killing a bull snake. I threw a rock at it to scare it away because some of the girls were freaking out, and it landed on its head accidentally killing it.
50. To this day, I am still good friends with my Beehive and Mia Maid advisor Natalie Christopherson.
60. I took a total of 4 pigs to the Fair for 4-H. It was the best part of summer every year because of all the cute boys you met and the 4-H dance at the end of the week.
61. I never tooted around a boy until I met my husband. I was always too embarrassed.
62. I know how to play the piano but I can't read the bottom hand notes.
63. I love to buy new clothes but don't enjoy the process of shopping.
64. My favorite show right now is Grey's Anatomy but due to the dumb writers strike I am forced to make up 100 things about myself for entertainment instead.
65. In the winter, I only shave my legs like 1x a week... if that. Nasty huh?
66. I have always wished I could sing, but I can't. I envy people with good voices.
67. When my brothers and sisters get together, my favorite thing to do is talk about old times growing up.
68. I once dressed up in my dads clothes and stuffed pillows in my pants and shirt and walked out to the mailbox. One of my siblings took a picture and it is somewhere around my parents house.
69. I love March when the daffodils come up.
70. I accidently dislocated my husbands shoulder wrestling with him once.
71. Until I was like 13, I was mortified to be home or anywhere alone.
72. I love top ramen still. I once ate a whole pack in 2 bites- Courtesy of a dare from my brother Kent and Cousin Reece.
73. The most horrifying childhood scheme I pulled was drowning a cat in creosote oil and blaming it on Kent who wasn't even home at the time. I think I was like 5. My husband calls me an animal killer all the time.
74. I played the drums in middle school and still itch to play all the time.
75. I want a hot tub in my future home.
76. I wish german pancakes were good for you and not loaded with sugar and butter.
77. All 5 of the younger kids in my family shared one tiny bathroom growing up.
78. I went to massage school in Post Falls Idaho.
79. The crappiest job I ever worked at was a cashier and sales associate at Old Navy in Spokane.
80. I have been told I look like Sarah Jessica Parker by more than one person, and I was not happy!
81. I have my dad's eyebrows and have to cut the tops with sissors like once a month or they would grow up into my bangs. I hate them!!!!!
82. I own over 60 pairs of shoes/sandles/flipflops.
83. My favorite bath and body smell is coconut lime verbena
84. I started my own business when I was 19 and my boyfriend at the time, who is now my husband helped me paint my first office.
85. Chris and I had our first kiss(s) :) at a wake board competition, he initiated it and it was our first time hanging out alone. He was a bad boy! Kissing me on the first date....what? I love it!
87. I listen to all types of music, from country to oldies and I always sing in the car.
89. I once recorded myself singing to Celine Dion on my old CD player using headphones plugged into the microphone jack for a microphone . I still have the tape.
90. My wedding song was, "Because you love me," By Jodee Messina.
91. My first real concert was in Boise Idaho to see Tim McGraw & Faith Hills, Soul to Soul tour with my sister Sherri.
92. I already have like 20 names picked out for my future kids. ( I'm not having 20 though, don't worry.)
93. I have a snowboard I have never used.
94. I make the best grinch face in the whole world.
95. I love to get massages and pedicures as much as I love to eat.
96. Tide is my favorite laundry soap but I am too cheap to buy it so I use whatever is on sale instead.
97. I suck really bad at text messaging and it takes me forever to type something.
98. I have met 7 of the 8 new years resolutions I made this year so far.
99. I am still glad I married my husband, and can't believe he fell for me.
100. I am even more glad this list is over because my brain hurts and I am tired.

3 comments:

Shelli said...

Ha! That was fun to read, Melanie. I learned a few things, too!
Thanks for coming over the other night, it was fun playing games with you guys!!

Joseph & Shaylee said...

Hi Melanie!
That was sure fun to read I did know some of those things.. I will have to do that sometime it looks fun!
If you want to stay updated on me and my hubby, we are adopting.. well trying to.. but we have a blog joeandshay.blogspot.com

Shaylee

Wendy said...

I finally made it through your 100 list - I did have to take a break or two...It was great and very informative. I had some good laughs, which explains why you are the way you are. Fun!