Monday, February 4, 2008

Healthy Inspiration

(warning- my spell check is not working)

I am so excited.... let me tell ya. Since this whole blood sugar thing came about I have become a new HEALTH FREAK! I am doing really well and feeling 100% better. I have recommited to working out. Chris & I joined the gym by our house and I went to my first ever group yoga class at Bikram Yoga in downtown Kennewick. Chris's cousins and mom were talking about it the other day and got me thinking. I have always wanted to be really flexible but never have the patience and endurance. Well this certainaly was worth it. It is 90 minuites long... yes I said 90 minutes. The room temperature is 102 degrees and you sweat like no other. You leave with your clothes SOAKED and this is no exaggeration. I can't believe I actually did it. 2 weeks ago on the pre-hyperglycemia diet I would have died after 15 minutes. You really can push yourself and feel awesome. I think I would rather do the class even though it is flippin hard, then buy a full body massage....... and that my friends, is saying something.

Challenge Yourself, Improve Your Health, Enhance Your Life with Bikram Yoga
~Sweat
~Heal Injuries
~Detoxify
~Lose Weight
~Tone
~Reduce Stress
~Stretch
~Gain Energy
~Strengthen
~Feel Great!

Bikram’s Beginning Yoga Class, named after its founder Bikram Choudhury, is a sequence of 26 postures and two breathing exercises suitable for all ages and levels of ability. This sequence is practiced in a heated room to warm the muscles, prevent injury, allow for a deeper workout and flush the body of toxins.
Bikram scientifically designed this 90-minute class to deliver total health through the balancing and strengthening of every system in the body. By the end of class, one will have worked every muscle, tendon, joint, ligament, organ, gland and nerve while systematically moving oxygenated blood to 100% of the body. This unique process results in restoration of health to all systems.
In addition, the series of postures cultivate concentration, patience, determination and self-discipline. Bikram has been teaching his system of yoga in Los Angeles for over thirty years helping his students to improve their health and overall quality of life. As Bikram says, “Never too bad, never too old, never too sick, never too late, to start from scratch and begin again.”


http://www.bikramyogatri-cities.com/schedule.html CHECK IT OUT AT LEAST ONCE!
IT IS A CHALLENGE BUT IF I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT

My food diary today: Breakfast was Kashi with blueberries, snacks- mild cheddar cheese whole wheat crackers, dannon light & fit yogert, almonds, pine nuts, water and for dinner spinach and spring mix salad, with baked chicken cubed, feta, peppers, sunflower seeds, tomato, broc and carrots and light italian dressing. UMMM GOOD!. Baby making body here I come.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As part of the whole positve and healthy makeover, I am doing a spiritual one as well, which is honestly the only way you can make it through the other two. Any how, I have been reading the Stand A Little Taller by President Gordon B. Hinckley and my favorites this week I wanted to share were about burdens and being your best self.

Shared Burdens---
And now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another's burdens, that they may be light;... and to stand as a witness of God at all times and in all things and in all places tha ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life. Mosiah 18:8-9
Look above your trials, Try to forget your own pain as you work to alleviat the pain of others. MIngle together with your brothers and sisters in the gospel. We need others to talk with and to share our feelings and faith. Cultivate friends. Begin by being a good friend to others. Share your burdens with the lord.

Your Best Self---
Do all things... that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in this world. Philippians 2:14-15
Keep faith with the best that is in you. Your constant self-improvement will become as a polar star to thouse with whom you associate. They will remember longer what they SAW in you than what they HEARD from you. Your attitude, your point of view can make such a tremendous difference.
Sometimes things make so much sense, almost like they reach out and slap me in the face to say HELLO! Count your blessings, do what you are suppose to , stop complaining... THINGS WILL WORK OUT. TRY TO DO YOUR BEST EVERYDAY, IF & WHEN YOU FALL SHORT, AT LEAST YOUR TRIED.

3 comments:

Kim said...

AMEN sister. You really are my sister! I could've written that post myself. I'm so happy. I CAN'T wait to do a class with you.
Mel, I can't tell you enough how happy I am. I love you so much!

Petersons said...

Mel, Oh my Hannah! I am so excited for you!I am really motivated by just reading this post! Yoga is crazy but I bet its worth it! I'm so glad you feel better. Thanks for the inspiration from Hinckley it just makes me want to be better! love ya

Kareen Bailey said...

I miss taking that class with you -even if you made me look bad on your first class. I LOVED my month there. Congrats, on your new, health eating habits and your jeans fitting!