Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Its all about SUGAR!

I found out what was wrong with me finally after a few tests last week. Hypoglycemia!!! I had a terrible day Friday doing a glucose test. You drink 8 oz of pure glucose after you've fasted for 12 hours and have your blood drawn every 1/2 hour. Normal levels after fasting shouldn't go below 70. The normal range is between 70-150 and mine was 40 after only 3 hours. So basically that means to not feel like I am pregnant 24/7 I need to eat like 6-10 mini meals a day at 100-150 calories each. I always said the only way I would ever watch what I eat and "diet" is if I had to. I guess I am going to be healthier than I thought! It takes a lot of work to eat good and plan a good diet. Not only that but to be prepared and have food handy (good food that is!) Low carb, lots of protein and hardly any sugar. So no more CARVER FOOD :( I am so sad. I can eat a cinnamon roll but I will pay with a dizzy spell, headache and a 2 hour nap! Oh well, it's not like my moms cinnamon rolls are the best in the world or anything! GGGRRR. Anyway, I hope that I can start to feel better soon and get my blood sugar under control. Sometimes when you get pregnant your hormones level out if your sugar is low and you feel better. Either way, I hope I can feel better and get back to normal soon! Watch out swim suit season.... her I come.---I HOPE :)

3 comments:

Kim said...

So sorry I had to cut you off every time you called me yesterday. I got p90x in the mail yesterday. Watch out swim suit season for me too!

Trev said...

Kimmie,

Careful with the P90X. Don't overdue it right away and give it up. That is a killer workout and will get you there if you can get through it! Mel, I am really glad you know what is going on with you. I get a little hypoglycemic now and then, and can sympathize. Sorry it has been so bad for you!

Shelli said...

Glad you found out what was going on!! You will probably be feeling much better now that you know what to do!