Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I have a family here on earth, they are so good to me....

I am thankful for my sweet little family. We are blessed to have all of our family in Tri-Cities with the exception of my sister Sherri and Chris's sister Natalie (both in Seattle). This year has been a year of many trials, health challenges, and business challenges to name a few. Through all of it I have not been freaking out as much as I would have expected. With all the ups and downs it all boiled down to my family. My family is what I care about, my family is all that I really have. Businesses and work opportunities will come and go, health may be great or poor. But with everything what are we and what do we really have if we don't have our family. Things many seem hard right now, but my hope and my prayer is that in 20 years from now I will look back and smile and know that putting my family first, staying home and being a mother and the wife that I should be will be the best decision I ever made. My relationship with my husband has grown stronger through all this and I am so much more thankful for him. For the provider and honorable Priesthood holder he is. He is always calm and collected when I am frazzled and unfocused. He always has a solution to the problem and if he doesn't, he doesn't stop till he finds one. I admire his work ethic and his need to constantly keep trying. Sometime he needs a little direction but I think he is finally finding his way. Having a severely sick child and failing businesses humbles a person. It sure has humbled me and it is exactly what I needed. I don't like the circumstances we are in right now. Giving up my practice after 8 years has been as emotionally hard on me as well as financially. I take pride in my work and I feel complete when I can help someone else feel better and get out of pain but I always felt like I was depleted by the time I got back to my family. Instead of working a lot and making a little time for my family, I am making all the time for my family and working in my free time. What a concept huh? I'm focusing on one day and a time right now and I like it.

No comments: