Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Count Your Blessings....Name them one by one......

I know, I know! It has been forever since I posted. The longest since I started this blog. When we moved in October we decided not to get cable tv or the Internet since we both have iphones and internet at our offices that we are already paying for. It has been nice not to have the t.v. to add to our extensive list of distractions. However, I miss having a normal size screen to check facebook and read blogs. Google reader on an iphone is annoying to try and catch up on. So here I am at my office updating my blog instead of working. Quick summary of the last 6 months.
October:
Moved into our new apartment. It is smaller that what we moved from but super close to work and winco and the my sis-in-law who watches Keldon. We love our new ward and got put into callings soon after we moved in. I was the CTR 7 teacher in primary and Chris got put in with the 11 year old scouts. Keldon has been going to nursery and loves it. Chris drops him off and he doesn't look back! Keldon was Elmo for Halloween and Chris and I were pirates.
November:

We had Thanksgiving at my dads house. Not all the kids were there but it was simple and nice. My sister-in-law Patty and I were crazy enough to make pies and rolls. I think we ended up with like 7 or 8 pies for desert between everyone. We were especially proud of our French Chocolate Silk pie with oreo crust and heath and caramel whipped into the whipped cream. My allergies got the best of me and I paid severe consequences for the next week. Dinner was pretty grub though. Mom would have been proud of our pretty pies. I got my IUD taken out.....trying to get pregnant!
December:
For Christmas we stayed in Tri-Cities. The whole holiday season was pretty chill for us. Keldon got spoiled and I swear everything in our house was red with ELMO! He got pretty Elmoed out and we nicknamed him Kelmo because of the obsession. He was pretty impressed with his Grandma's talking Elmo and loved his puzzles from mom and dad.
January:I got switched from CTR 7 teacher to sunbeams, so now I have a crazy bunch of 3 year olds to entertain for 2 hours. I love being in primary and have fun with the kids although they drain my energy and test my patience! Found out I was pregnant at the end of the Month. Due in October! Was really sick with a viral infection and sinus infection that kicked my butt. We all got the sickies.
February:
Chris and I got a night away at Cameo Heights Mansion which is a really nice Bed and Breakfast outside of Pasco between here and Walla Walla for Valentines. We went the weekend before and Grandma watched Keldon for us. Other than being dead tired and pregnant sick, we had a great time. We had an amazing dinner and I want to go back every year for special occasions. Chris has been busy gearing up for the upcoming lawn care season and is doing projects to get prepared. We hired a gal to do our books this year. We love her! I am so excited to finally be organized have someone track things that knows what they are doing. She has gone back and cleaned up our books from last year, getting reading for taxes and so forth. Chris built me a new computer for my birthday and set up 2 monitors at the office and upgraded our quickbooks software to 2011. Pretty soon, we will be changing my massage software over to a new online program so things will be even more easy and structured.
March:
I had my first ultrasound on the 2nd and got to see the little baby tadpole. Things look great and I love my new Dr. I switched OB's and couldn't be happier. The office is nice and clean and updated and has all the latest gigets and gadgets, including an ultrasound room in the office so no more going to the hospital for ultrasounds.For now, my official due date is October 11th. I am hoping only a few more weeks of morning sickness.

Overall, the last 6 months have been the happiest days I have had in a long time. Besides little coughs and a flu bug, we have been blessed with good health and strong bodies. Keldon is getting so big and is such a good helper. He is going to be a good big brother and I am looking forward to the next 6 months as his vocabulary continues to grow. It is so nice to be able to understand him and communicate with him on a more "big boy," level. I love being a mom. It is hard but so rewarding. I am trying hard to spend time with him reading and making him feel special, especially with the new baby coming. Daddy and him have been enjoying swimming at the gym on Saturdays. He sure loves his daddy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO excited your pregnant!! Who's your OB?

Melanie Cain said...

My OB is Bahnmiller. I switched from Salisbury at Mid Columbia Womens Health.