Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ready to Potty Train.....

So this month Keldon has pooped in the tub 3 times! He is a very regular boy and if he hasn't already pooped when you go to get him up in the morning, he will 90% of the time poop during breakfast. The last couple of times he has pooped in the tub has been in the morning when he really needs a bath first thing because I can't stand baby soaked in pee smell. The other day in the tub he started tooting so I pulled him out as a joke and stuck him on the pot and he got scared and clingy, so I put him back in and of course he pooped in the tun. Today, I was a little more brave and when he started displaying the regular poop face, I stuck him on the pot and talked to him. "It's okay, go poops." I said it over and over again and after about a minute he just pooped!!! I couldn't believe it. I yelled to Chris to get the camera. Good thing he was home so he could capture the moment huh? As he snapped the picture Keldon gave the best cheesy smile ever. I stuck him back in the tub and flushed the toilet and he stood up and peeked over to the toilet to watch it flush. I waved bye bye to the poo and Keldon laughed. Potty training in training....I better go get a little potty because I am going to keep on with this morning tub time ritual.

3 comments:

Shelli said...

smart mama! You'll have him trained in no time!!1

Sherri said...

Don't get him a little potty just get a little toilet seat that fits over the regular toilet seat. the potties that sit on the ground are a waste. You can have mine if you want it!

The McEwen's said...

That is hilarious! I can't believe how big he is getting! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever, how are you guys doing?