Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Love is in the Air

My husband suprises me every now and then with a sweet romatic side of him that I wish I could see everyday.... At Thanksgiving, we made a trip to IKEA in Seattle and saw this mirror.
My sister wanted it really bad and of course so did I but I couldn't imagine spending $100 on a want so I just swept it back in the filing cabinent in my head under all the crap you want but don't need folder. Chris went off about how he could make that and it would be better and blah blah blah. That is great honey, but you don't have the will, or the time. He always says he can make just about anything and if he can't he will find the cheapest price to buy it. Most of the time it is annoying like when I buy something I really like and he asks me why I bought it and the what the price was and where I got it and why did I buy it again and so on......




The night before Valentines, Chris was working late on a lawnmowing project. He came home all peppy and chatty. "Come outside and look at your Valentines Present." What? He remembered? And got me something. WOW!" Way more than I expected. As I opened the door He smiled bigger than ever, proudly displaying his newly crafted object of affection. A homeade IKEA like LOVE MIRROR just for my beutimous self! The best part was seeing him so excited about what a stud he was because he totally knew it. He told me to wait to take a picture because he wanted it to be all clean so he washed it off and re-wrote the words so if I posted it on facebook, which he was certain was the first thing I would do...everyone could see how pretty it was. He has just stained it that night so it was still a little wet. I am so proud of him! I love love love love love it!!!!!!!!



1 comment:

Brandie said...

I also have had my eye on that IKEA mirror! But the one your hubby made is a million times better, kudos to him!!