Tuesday, February 16, 2010

If you're Happy & You know it clap your hands

As I pondered the things I wanted to write today, this primary song instantly came into my head. "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands, If your happy and you know it clap your hands. If you're happy and you know it than your face will surely show it, if you're happy and you know it, clap your hands!
I was really emotional last night pondering all my blessings. This past year has been very life changing for me. I lost my mom, I have struggled with my marriage, expanded and moved my massage practice, and brought a new life into the world all in a short period of time. I am not a big new years resolution person. I found the past two new years resolutions "Goals" written down recently and they both say the same things. Read my scriptures, exercise, eat better.....the usual. THIS YEAR however, I have decided to simply enjoy life a little more. Take in the small things and breathe through the big. All those who really know me, know that I am a busy body, a control freak, a slight perfectionist, a go getter and pretty dang stubborn. All this said, Having a child with the same characteristics teaches patience. I love Keldon. He has helped me to be more patient, less selfish, happy, and has forced me to take in the little things.
I have had less sleepless nights fretting over stupid uncontrollable things since he has been born. I have laughed more, smiled more, and hugged more than I ever have.
I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for his strong healthy body, and for mine that was able to bring him into this world. Watching my mothers frail body wither away was so humbling to me. I am so thankful for a body that can move, and breathe and become as strong as I want it to be. She mentioned to me several times, that I should be thankful for my body.
I am thankful for a husband that loves me and that loves our sweet little boy. Chris has EXPLODED with love. I have never seen a father love and play with his little boy more than my husband. He has been know to wake Keldon up just to snuggle with him. Keldon loves his daddy that is for sure, and I love to watch them play.
When your happy and you know it clap your hands.....This is a true measure of how I am feeling, because when I am happy....I really do clap my hands and at our house....there as been a lot of clapping....even Keldon clapping :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Your clapping, and I'm bawling. Makes me happy to read this.

Sherri said...

Love, love, love to read your posts! It makes me smile cause you write what you really feel and what is going on inside your brain. I love it when I cry and laugh all in one blog post! You're the best, Mel! cant wait to spend a weekend with you!