Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Back to work

It's official. I AM BACK TO WORK! It has been a little crazy I will have to say. Trying to get myself ready, Keldon ready and then go out of my way to take him wherever he needs to go so someone can watch him is a chore in itself. Then to have to muster enough energy to give a few decent massages is a almost more than I can handle. I am starting to realize that I was a bit of a super woman before I had him and now I will have to settle with being an average woman. Not to say average is bad just that I can't expect to be super woman anymore, although I do have to admit that I am trying. We went to a Mexican fiesta the other night that our friend had at his house and we took Keldon with us. We were outside the whole time and he just hung out with us until about midnight and the night before we had movie night with our friends until 1:00am. When we got home I woke him up and fed him and then he slept all night long. Chris and I have always been night owls so it probably isn't that big of a surprise. I will have to tame it down a little though now that I am back to work. I have to conserve every little bit of strength that I have or else when I get home I feel like I got hit with a mack truck. I am trying to work a couple of hours at night. I am going to start out slow for the summer. Chris can be home by 4 some days so I am doing a 5pm and a 6:30 Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and then a couple in the mornings on Wednesday and Friday when I have someone to watch Keldon. I have a couple more girls in my office renting and sharing space...4 girls, 2 rooms which has been interesting to say the least. I am hoping to work on building the business more and focus on marketing and introducing some more retail products to increase cash flow. As much as I love insurance, it would sure be nice to have more clients willing to just pay cash.
My new goal this month is to save more money than I did last month. With the state helping out with Keldon's insurance, formula and a small amount of groceries, I figure I am saving about 300 a month. I am clipping coupons for the regular things we buy and I am committing to buy only what we need at the store instead or what sounds good or the occasional treat that I shouldn't be eating post baby body anyway. Working out is another goal I would like to get to but then reality hits and with an average of 4 hours of sleep and two month old, doing massages and trying to run a business it doesn't seem like a priority right now. I will just wear the one pair of jeans that I can fit into until all the threads break down and I am forced to lose 2 more sizes and get back into the old ones. You laugh but it is so true. Turbo Jam... I haven't forgotten you, we will bond one day.....SOON!

No comments: