Tuesday, April 21, 2009

High Blood Pressure- Bed Rest and Frustration

I AM SO BORED. I don't know how people can handle being home all day. I miss working and being able to feel normal and do normal things. I am on bed rest for high blood pressure and I swear it stresses me out more. My house still has unpacked boxes from moving, baby clothes all over without a dresser to go in and I don't have any air conditioning. I went in to KGH on Sunday after church because my BP was 150 over 104 and my feet and hands were a swollen mess. When I got there of course it was lower so after a while they sent me home. Yesterday I took it easy and slept a little better last night. ( More then the 3-4 hours I have been getting) Today... I told myself I wouldn't do anything, just get up to go to the bathroom and snack. Bad idea! Now I have one of those, I haven't done anything and slept too long headaches and I am still all swollen and miserable. I hope he can come soon. They are most likely going to induce me before next week but my DR. wants me to try and get to 37 weeks, which is Friday. He doesn't think I will get to 38 weeks. Tomorrow morning I go in for an ultrasound to confirm the baby's growth. The doctor thinks he is at the most 5 1/2 pounds and wants to check to see how my amniotic fluid level is. I have a stress test scheduled on Thursday at the hospital to monitor everything. When we get the blood tests and ultrasound results back we will know more. I am suppose to go back in to Dr.Salisbury on Monday morning, so if nothing changes before then, that is the plan.

1 comment:

John & Sierra said...

Oh my goodness. I sure hopes things get better and that baby Keldon arrives safely so mama can get back to normal. Good luck Melanie... I'm prayin for you!