Monday, April 13, 2009

Baby will be here soon!

So I am officially starting to panic. Dr. Salisbury said I won't make it to 40 weeks. I will be lucky to get to 37 with my blood pressure and am probably looking at an induction. Nice eh? I am 50% effaced but not dilated yet. He said to take it easy and monitor the headaches and swelling. Did I mention I hit the 40 pounds gained mark!!!! 40 stinkin pounds OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If my diastolic blood pressure is up to 100 in the next week then we are looking at an induction. Otherwise, if it is consistently high for the next two weeks, then we will try to get to 37 before we induce to be safe. I am really glad I am having my shower this week, so I can go get the rest of my stuff before he comes. Maybe all my boxes will be unpacked by then huh? At least I have a new cozy recliner to be lazy in and couch for my awesome sister/fill-in mom to sleep on. I miss my mommy today :(

1 comment:

Wendy said...

When you start at 20 pounds underweight - you will gain about 40 pregnant. You have nothing to worry about. You will be beach ready in days after the birth.