Thursday, November 20, 2008

DISASTER VACATION

Okay... for all of you who were jealous that I was having a glorious vacation in Hawaii soaking up the sun and thinking I was brave for going with 6 boys.... I have news for you. I DID NOT HAVE A GLORIOUS TIME AND I WASN'T BRAVE, I WAS STUPID!!!!!!!! I don't want to go off for the next hour because it would take too much energy and it wouldn't be enough to describe my feelings. Here is a brief summary.... We put 1300 miles on a rental car.... ON AN ISLAND! Where you can only go so far. Its because no one communicated, we got lost all the time and boys are incapable of making plans and actually following through with them. Do you know how much sand 6 boys can track into a condo and a rental car in 9 days and how bad rash guards stink when they aren't washed for several days. That's just the little annoying things. We had free tickets to the Polynesian culture center and night show and they didn't want to go to a "GAY" Luau and wanted to go to some local little place that a band was playing instead. Those are like $60 dollar tickets... and we ended up staying home and not doing anything. One day we got lost and drove around beach to beach to find a "good surf" and were in the car for 4 hours. Not to mention we listened to horrible hip hop rap crap music and listened to the retarded boys in the back seat make raps up and sing the chorus to inappropriate songs the whole time we drove around. We would drive down the road looking for a place to eat, okay guys where do you want to go? Silence.... no one even said anything. If I were to put a red dot everywhere we went in the 9 days we were there on a map of the island I bet you I would end up coloring it in with a marker. I almost slit my wrists I swear and I cried like a baby more than once in my room out of frustration!!!!! I did get a tan and the good news is the baby starting moving in the middle of the week so I had something to be happy about. I brought a book with me, "At First Sight," by Nicolas Sparks which saved my bacon. Lessons learned: Go on vacation with women, have a plan before you leave, don't book a red eye flight home just because its cheaper because its not worth the money saved and bring 2 books if you stay over a week, not one.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Well, Melanie...I'm glad you got a tam! Men and woman are so entirely different, it's amazing that we can live on the same planet together, but we do and this will be a memory that you will probably laugh really hard about....in about 5 years! Glad you are home safe.

Shelli said...

So sorry! That really stinks. Hawaii can be so wonderful, and your first taste of it sounded awful. Next time go with just Chris or another couple, or girls like you said. Glad the baby moved though, that's awesome!

Rachel said...

I meant tan not tam