Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Aloha!

Aloha Friends! I can't believe I was crazy enough to go on a week long vacation with 6 guys! It has been an adventure to say the least. I think we have drove everywhere on the island of Oahu that you can. We have made 3 round trips from the airport to the North Shore (2 hours each) to downtown Honolulu and around Waikiki several times and too many other places to remember. We even tried finding the perfect beach on the other side of the island today and ended up staying at Waikiki after 4 HOURS IN THE CAR! GGRRRR! I was so ready to get out. So here is what we have done the last couple days not including today because I am too lazy to get the pictures off my camera right now. It is currently 9:30pm here and the boys walked down to the Turtle Bay Resort to try and sneak into the hot tub!!!
These pictures are completely out of order but I'll explain.















Before we rented surf boards, the boys with their boggie boards















Dan & Trent Paddling out to catch some big waves!














Turtle Bay Resort- on the way to the public beach where we snorkled and spear fished















The surf board rental guy helping the boys put the board on the Van.















The first attempt to ride the big boy waves















Chris and I somewhere on the beach














Left side of Turtle Beach Resort- Where the boys went the first day of surfing





























Chris got the first fish with the spear. (on the public beach)

Here is the close up of the little guy!














Other things we have done:
Eaten Acai Bowls which is like this yogert and cold stuff from acai berries and granola and banana and strawberry or whatever topping you want. We have gone to FoodLand, Costco and Walmart so far. Boys eat a lot of food and snackies. We saw big fat sea turtles yesterday and Michael and I both touched them, even though you are not suppose to. Chris and Dan climbed a coconut tree after pulling over on the side of the road to find one, cut them open or hammered I guess with a hammer and a screwdriver and drank the juice. We have eaten 2 fresh pineapples, made spaghetti and Hawaiian haystacks for dinners, pizza and sandwiches. Caught some little lizards, Drove around the BYU campus and LDS Temple and hung out with Trent's sister Lauren.

5 comments:

Sherri said...

Dude, that looks so fun!! I wish I could be there experiencing it with you. Maybe in a few years we could go back as couples:) It was fun talking to you when you are so far away. Take care and have fun! Enjoy all of it!

Petersons said...

yay, I'm so glad you finally posted pictures!looks beautiful and fun! love ya. Can't wait to see updates of your baby bump!

Shelli said...

BEEEautiful! I love Hawaii! Enjoy that weather and scenery as much as you can, I promise you will miss it when you return home! Have fun!

Brock and Emily Gibbons said...

oh my goodness! Fun fun! i'm jealous! i'm over here freezing and you're in hawaii, or at least you were, you back yet? Wow, you are brave with 6 guys!

Angie said...

Mel you are a brave girl going with all those guys! Looks like so much fun though! All the adults in my family went to Maui in April, it was so much fun! I wanna go back! Keep posting pics of your cute belly! I'm so excited for you! Wish I could see you!