Friday, August 8, 2008

thoughts from kim

I posted this because I am not strong enough to write like this but I feel the exact same way and I think all of us girls have had this experience so I took this from Kim's blog to post it
My mom is dying.
I've rolled that sentence around in my brain. I've pondered on what this really means for me. I haven't fully grasped all the changes that will happen in my life after she's gone. The other day I sat down beside her on the couch and nestled my face into the crook of her neck. I could hardly restrain my sobs. She always smells so good and I instantly feel comforted when she holds me. My heart cried out because it hit me just how much I am going to miss her sweet smell and so much more.This sweet woman that I've been privileged to have as a mother is withering away and I'm watching her suffer. As of yesterday, the hospice nurse thinks she only has a week left. She could hardly talk today. She can't breath very well and it seems to take to much energy to speak. She hardly eats anything and when she does she can't keep it down. For some reason she is very nauseated.Tonight, after family prayer I explained to my kids that grandma is very close to dying and that she's not getting better. Devon, buried his head in his arms and cried. We all held each other and Whitney said, "Mommy, its going to be okay, because Grandma is going to live again, and she will be in Heaven with Jesus." (My sweet sweet baby girl. I love her.) That very thing is the reason I will get through this. There is no doubt in my mind that I will see her again. I'm so very grateful that I know this. Please pray for my family. Goodnight.

2 comments:

Ranting of a Frustrated Pregnant Woman said...

Mel, I've been thinking about you. I am sorry for the pain that you are going through. We are all praying for you mom and your family. Please let me know if you or your family needs anything, anytime. I love you! Please give your mom a kiss from me and my mom.

Kareen Bailey said...

I'm so sorry - let us know if there is anything we can do to help.