Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her. Proverbs 31:28
Mom passed tonight at 10:45 pm. She fought so hard bless her heart. Dad kept saying she had the heart the size of a watermelon because she wouldn't let go. She is so beautiful tonight. Dad had gone to bed and Kim and I were sitting with her watching her breath. She would have shallow breaths and then long deep breaths. When Sherri got off the phone and came out we sat with her for a minute and then went and woke dad up. Dad came and held her hand and told her to let go and we gathered around her and she passed. She waited for him!

3 comments:

Robbie+Erin said...

Oh Melanie, I am so sorry. I can't even imagine what emotions you are feeling right now. I have really enjoyed reading all the updates, thanks for taking the time to do that. Your mom was an AMAZING woman. So kind and sweet. You are so much like her! My prayers are with you and your family, if you need anything, just let me know.
Erin Lund (Winks)

Kareen Bailey said...

I am so sorry.

Shelli said...

I am so glad you all got to be with her at that moment. She did wait for your dad, didn't she? My heart aches for you and for the hard days ahead of you. Please call us anytime if there is something we can help you with. We love you Melanie, take care of yourself. We are praying for your peace and comfort.