Thursday, February 7, 2008

Personal Trainer

So Chris went to the gym with me tonight. We have never worked out in a gym together before. It was weird because I felt like we were dating. I was nervous! We did the elipitical together for a half hour then he hit the wieght while I finished another half hour. I get into a show and don't want to stop so I use that to keep me going. Chris on the other hand was just getting started when I was done on the elipitical and was showing me some stuff with the weights. As soon has my triceps stop burining he goes," Did you do 4 sets yet?" 4 sets? Are you kidding me.... no, Hon, but I did work on clients all day while you were pushing your pen at the desk! Ha ha, just kidding but seriously. I was not sure I wanted to ask him for any more pointers. I want to be tone, not look like a body builder. Anyway, it was pretty fun. We got done and I was ready to go and he says, wait, we still have to do our cool down Mel. COOL DOWN??? You are killing me! Oh my gosh. I don't know if I can handle work outs with him. This is the guy who takes me on a Scout outing to climb Mount St. Helens (I was the only woman on the trip with 20 guys) I guess I should expect it by now. Maybe I should stop complaining and be thankful I don't have to pay a personal trainer. Just call Chris Cain and stick to my Womens Health Mag and my six pack will magically appear! Ha

3 comments:

Kim said...

You crack me up. I don't think you need to do four sets either. Your arms are pretty ripped already.... I love your arms. Your arms are my after picture.

Petersons said...

That is pretty much my life! I go to the gym and think I'm having a pretty good work out and just as I'm getting done Josh comes over and asks me what I want to work on next! Come on guys!I don't believe that your six pak ever left I think you'll have it until your 90!!

Brock and Emily Gibbons said...

haha. That is really funny melanie. Brock and I used to work out every morning before classes at CBC...that was before his accident. It's fun though huh? I remember down in Rexburg when we would go together, to the gym, I would be nervous too. I wanted to show him how hard I could work out, but he always ended up leaving to the weight room. haha.

So i am CONSTANTLY giving brock a massage because his body is killing him. Since he was out for so long during his 2nd surgery his arms/shoulders are hurtin really bad. So all day and night i'm putting my fingers to work. I thought of you and i dont know how you do it, my body is killing from working on him all the time!

We need to hang out sometime. Brock is getting to the point where he could probably hang out in a couple weeks. So we really need to plan something. Through all this Brock and I realized how much of a lame couple we are...we wanna do something like more exciting...like camping with you guys!!