Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A letter from my mom- DATED 1999

This is why my mom is amazing....
August 1999
Dearest Melanie,
Let me tell you why you are a Carver. Your dad and I had six beautiful children and I was busy taking care of them. Mote and Shawn were in college and needed our support. Kim was 8, Steven was 6, Sherri 5 and Kent was 2. Dad and I went to a special meeting at church. We had a special talk about family. About how we should have children we are capable of taking care of. At that time we were not planning on more children but the feeling came to me that we should have one more so Dad and I prayed about it. We felt prompted to have one more child. I was 39 and Dad was 43. Because of those feelings that came over me and your Dad you are part of our family. I have never regretted that decision. You are a great asset to our family. You are a special daughter . One that is loved by our heavenly parents as well as your earthly parents. I feel it a privilege to be your mother . I know I am not a perfect mom. I do make mistakes. But that is a process we all have to go through. Please forgive me for the things I do wrong. I love you very much want only the best for you. I am so proud of your accomplishments. You have been blessed with many wonderful talents. I know you were a valiant daughter in the pre-existence. Your sisters have been good examples for you to follow. Look to their example. Set your goals high and keep reaching for them. Don't settle for anything less that a temple marriage. Heavenly Father wants to bless you with all he has! Remember: The chief cause of failure and unhappiness in this life is treading what we want most, for what we want at the moment! I love you. YOUR OLD MOM

No comments: