Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2007 Christmas Letter

I am so proud of myself for getting my Christmas letter out this year. I have always wanted to be organized when I was married and be the "Cool family that did a Christmas letter." I didn't get it out to everyone so I posted it for those who care to know what we were up to this year.

Wow,
What an eventful year it has been. We celebrated our 1YEAR anniversary last month on the 25th of November and here we are with Christmas already. I can’t believe a year has already past!!! We have both been very busy with the never ending projects we seem to always be getting ourselves into. Chris is still in school. He had a class that wasn’t offered this semester that he needed so he had to wait for spring. Once that is complete he will be an official WSU Tri-Cities graduate. He is still trying to decide exactly what he wants to do with his degree which will be Bachelors in Business Management and a Minor in Human Resources. I finally got my own massage office this September and have two other therapists that work with me. It has been fun and challenging all at the same time. Chris and I joke around that it is good that we live in “The Trailer,” because running your own place isn’t cheap. We are planning on saving up to get into a house soon. We have church callings with the young men and women right now. I teach the 12-13 year old girls Sunday school and Chris teaches the 12-13 year old boys class. It has been fun to be able to work with the younger crowd.
We weren’t able to go on a honeymoon, so this summer we enjoyed a lot of little mini vacations. We went to Francis Lake in Oregon and endured a 2 day, 20 mile hike in that I still don’t know how I lived through. Chris had gone in high school and has wanted to take me forever. We also had the opportunity to climb Mount. St Helens with a group of boys scouts from another stake. I don’t know now how I keep getting sucked into these BOY trips. We did a little fishing and of course boating. What is a Cain summer without boating and endless days of wakeboarding? We had too many days of sunshine and boating to even count. Chris hurt his back in early spring so he had to cool off a little this year, but come summer he’ll probably be up and at it again.
On December 1st of this year, we were sealed in the Columbia River Temple. It was a great experience as some of our family and friends were able to attend. 2 weeks after, we were able to get away for a trip to Las Vegas. I had never flown before and it was our first real vacation. We decided to celebrate our anniversary, belated honeymoon and Christmas all together. I don’t know if we’d go every year, but it sure was good to get away. Cheap, fast and fun…. that is what we are all about.
My mom was just diagnosed with Cancer so we have been busy helping her and being with family. She is doing well and has just started chemotherapy treatment. My sister Kim has set up a blog that keeps everyone updated on doctor’s visits and family news. It is http://mymomsfight.blogspot.com.
We have been so blessed this year. I am so thankful for everything we have, especially this time of year. It is wonderful to have all of our family close by. We don’t ever have to travel and we take advantage of that sometimes. We hope that everyone has a great holiday season and will keep in touch. We love to hear from everyone and look forward to Christmas when everyone is in town. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Love,

Chris and Melanie Cain

No comments: