Sunday, March 29, 2009

A visit long past due

My friend Natalie and I had a long over due visit finally a couple of weeks ago. Chris was out of town for the weekend and I decided to drive to see Nat. We met when I was a beehive in young womens. She was my awesome leader with a brand new adopted baby boy. I loved her because she was real with us and never sugar coated "churchy stuff." I went through a couple of really rough years as a teenager and she was always my go to gal. She didn't judge, she always just listened. One time she showed up early in the morning at my house with a rented mustang convertible and we made a road trip to Coeur d' alene Idaho. We talked all day and went shopping. I will never forget that day. She and her family moved from Kennewick to Burbank out of our area, then to Spokane. I went a long time without talking to her and when I moved to Spokane we crossed lines again through a mutual friend and I found out she lived like 4 miles from my apartment. They moved a lot because of her husbands job. When I moved back to Kennewick to start my massage practice she was still in Spokane. I went another long block Natalie-less :( until my wedding day where she showed up to by my bridesmaid and help me get all dressed up in my pretty white dress. She has been through a lot. All three kids are adopted and Malachi the oldest was only 3 days old the first day I held him. His birth father fought for custody for about 10 years. Last fall, the courts finally granted Natalie and Ron full custody of their little (now big) boy. What a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love her so much. When I left Spokane, the baby Callie was barely starting to talk. These are pictures from our visit..... I couldn't believe how big they were! OH my goodness. Nat and I went to lunch and talked all day about being good moms and how hard it is to be a good wife as well. Girly stuff! It's amazing that I am old enough to talk about grown up stuff with my grown up friend. Ha ha. She is a lot older than me but we have always had that sister bond. We can go 6 months or a
year without talking and next time we do we pick right up where we left off. I love good friends!




















































No comments: